Located at the Headwaters | Montana
Nestled amidst the very heart of exploration lies this captivating realm, where Lewis and Clark discovered the awe-inspiring headwaters of the mighty Missouri River in July of 1805. Just six miles away, the Missouri springs to life, born from the union of the Jefferson, Madison, and Gallatin Rivers at Missouri Headwaters State Park.
Unique views and backdrops at every turn make XOVERLAND Ranch ideal for product launches and lifestyle photo shoots. Stunning views of the Horseshoe Hills, snow-capped mountains, and the Missouri River. Most amenities are available year-round, weather permitting.
Multiple off-highway closed courses consisting of dirt, gravel, ruts, mud, sand, snow, boulders, canyons, water features, and steep sections.
Ten luxury cabins are rough-sawn Douglas fir, handcrafted from the mill on our ranch. Each cabin offers one queen bed, one twin bed and a small sleeping loft, all with luxurious bedding. Each cabin has a full bathroom and stocked kitchenette.
The Round Barn is the elegant location for larger events with a large commercial kitchen, hand-milled rough-sawn lumber, gorgeous tree trunk beams, and windowed vaulted ceiling – an altogether spectacular 5,000 plus square-feet for your special event.
A 3,000 square-foot covered veranda surrounds the building and is perfect for mingling, rain or shine. Indoor and outdoor bars can be fully stocked to meet your personal wishes.
Located in the middle of the Cabins, The Clubhouse is the central meeting place for onsite meetups, meals, and informal gatherings.
Cool down after a hot day or try your hand a fishing in our three acre pond.
Test, train, and learn new skills at our short and long distance shooting ranges.
But the adventure doesn’t stop with the rich history of exploration at the Ranch, it’s the catalyst for the next chapter. Enter Expedition Overland (XOVERLAND), visionary creators and pioneers of overlanding education. XOVERLAND recognized a growing thirst for real-world, hands-on vehicle mastery and adventure travel expertise.
Their vision was to create a haven where skills are honed, fresh talents discovered, friendships forged, and the overlanding, off-roading, and vehicle- based adventure community thrives. This vision was realized in the fall of 2023 when they embraced the potential of this expansive landscape and secured the 500-acre XOVERLAND Ranch property.
XOVERLAND’s mantra for overlanders and the automotive industry is simple yet profound: ‘Come Inspired. Leave Equipped.’ This spirit of curiosity, exploration, and camaraderie fuels their passion.
The trailblazing historical journey of 1805 continues through new adventurers and explorers. May this place be the ‘headwaters’ of your adventure and the birthplace of your piece of history.
Full Amenities List
Unique views and backdrops at every turn make XOVERLAND Ranch ideal for product launches and lifestyle photo shoots. Stunning views of the Horseshoe Hills, snow-capped mountains, and the Missouri River.
Most amenities are available year-round, weather permitting.
- Off-road technical vehicle trails for training purposes (both short and long courses)
- Corporate events, PR events
- Private events/gatherings
- Authentic Montana film production location
- Tax Credit Assistance: Montana provides up to 35% transferable tax credit and other incentives
- Code-red capable facility
- XOVERLAND Meet-ups
- Year-round accessibility
- Firearms and survival classes
- 500 acres situated near the Headwaters of the Missouri River
- 10 luxury cabins with private, modern restrooms and kitchenettes (sleep occupancy 20; plus loft areas for families)
- Private chef and catering recommendations (upon request)
- Full-size commercial kitchen (in Round Barn; three-season availability)
- Clubhouse for gatherings, with espresso, full bar, and prep kitchen (capacity: 75)
- Round Barn with indoor/outdoor seating, cathedral ceiling, mezzanine, dance floor (three-season availability; capacity 500)
- Swimming in the three-acre pond
- Fishing access
- Wi-Fi within all structures
- Multi-purpose classroom building with audio/visual suite (capacity: 25)
- Ample car parking, semi-truck parking
- Camping spots for vehicles or ground tents (coming soon!)
- Firing range
- Long-range rifle precision range (coming soon!)
- Private, 900-foot bush plane landing strip
GET IN TOUCH